Thursday, April 8, 2010

We're In Over Our Heads

Surely it is not the thoughts, but the manner in which they are expressed. That is what makes a person a good writer.

It's just such a sad thing to know that, practically, every thought one thinks is unoriginal. It has all been said before. Many times. Infinitely better than I could ever say it myself, even. But the talent is really how one says it. How they can connect with a reader. To make someone, somewhere feel something. Whether it be anger, sadness, or laughter. As long as it can touch someone. Just once.

As a writer, that is what I want. Not that I can technically be considered a writer. But as someone who writes from within, I want something to resonate with someone. Anything. Because then it will all be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment